NLCE classroom based courses remain cancelled until further notice.
NLCE Landlord Accreditation Scheme Development Course
9.30am – 5.00pm on Thursday 8th July 2021, held via Zoom Video Conferencing
The NLCE Accreditation Day seminar covers all the main areas that a landlord should know in order to operate a successful business. The facilitator will spend approximately half of the time dealing with landlord-tenancy issues e.g. contract, rent arrears, gaining possession, etc, and half of the time on property standards and health and safety issues e.g. disrepair, health and safety rating system, licensing, etc.
On booking a place, you will be sent an email containing full details and a weblink to join the training event at least 10 days before the event begins.
Once completed, certification and course notes will be provided via email a few days after and you will be added to our online list of accredited members and accredited for 5 years*.
Already accredited? Please get in touch and see if you qualify to passport into the NLCE scheme at a discounted rate.
Did you miss our last webinars? We covered:
29.04.21 | Essential legal updates for landlords;
- Possession – latest legislation
- Breathing Space Regulations coming in May
- Electrical safety reminder and serving of EICR documents to tenants
- Right to Rent – latest update following full Brexit
- Tenant Reform Bill – what’s likely to be included
- What now, after the scrapping of new applications for Green Homes Grant
- Questions from the audience.
21.10.20 | Category 1 hazards are hazardous for landlords!;
- What the Housing Health and Safety Rating System is
- How to identify any hazards in your rental properties
- How to remove any hazards in your rental properties
- Panel Q & A, including
– Damp and mould – one of the biggest landlord contentions & a HHSRS Category 1 hazard – how does a landlord counter the fact that the tenant is causing it?
– What if the tenant has changed the property and created the hazard?
– Are night storage heaters considered excessively cold and is there any local authority funding to improve EPC’s and who would be our local contact in North Somerset?